Wash & Dry Instructions
- We recommend two wash and dry cycles for your Piggy BedSpread prior to its initial use to insure proper wicking and to allow for expected shrinkage.
- Sweep up hay & droppings 1-2 times a day.
- After a week (or more frequently if you have multiple piggies) remove your Piggy Product from the coroplast tray and brush off hair, hay & droppings.
- Machine wash your Piggy Products in warm or cold water using laundry detergent that doesn’t contain fabric softener. Fabric softener will cause your Piggy BedSpread to stop wicking the urine away from the surface and into the middle absorbent layer.
- Machine dry on LOW to MEDIUM heat and be certain to clean the lint filter afterwards which will be filled with hair.
- Sanitize your washing machine by running a cycle of hot water and ½ cup of chlorine bleach. Now you’re ready for the next load for the rest of your family.
- Add ½ cup of distilled white vinegar to the wash AND/OR rinse cycle to dissolve oily waste residue, reduce ODOR, and help the fleece to wick faster.
- Laundry booster like Arm & Hammer Washing Soda or Borax Laundry Booster helps reduce odor.
- 1/4 cup chlorine bleach added to the wash will to sanitize piggy products and cut odor.
- Line drying your Piggy Products can help to freshen and dissipate odors but it will take longer to dry due to the super-absorbent middle layer.
- Don’t use too much detergent!! It won’t rinse out completely and then it will magnify odor when the piggy product is dry again.
- For extra odor reducing power consider running a 2nd rinse cycle and add 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar to it.
- Marshall Ferret and Small Animal Odor Remover can be sprayed directly on your Piggy BedSpread to help control odor.